Block 127 and 128 of 368

Block 127
 This block series was brought about by a serendipitous discovery of Riley Blake designs blog.  Love love love this block and tutorials.  Fun and great variety of things to make.  On her blog I came across hexagami flowers.
Block 128
 I elected to use solids or read as solid fabrics.  After following the directions and adding it to the background, I sewed along the geometric lines created.
Block 127 back
 As You can see when I also followed the outline of the petals, it created a star like pattern.  As a side benefit it helps the folded edges pop out for added dimension.
Block 128 back
 For the 2 inch flowers I omitted the outline quilting and allowed the quilting to create this great triangle/diamond grid.
The buttons add just the right tough of whimsy
 The resulting blocks are a great addition to this project and yet another technique learned!
This color combo is so spring!

Comments

Popular Posts