Block 88 of 368

Diamonds are a quilters best friend!

At least it feels that way.  As a background filler pattern it is a new (to me) favorite!  I love how the red thread diamonds pop on Pat Sloan's Bobbins and Bits fabric charms.

Look at those red diamonds!
I also have a newly found love of sunbonnet sue.  I have always appreciated the various things you can do with a traditional sunbonnet sue, but this year marks the first time I have ever actually made some.  I am hooked!

This sue is about 3 inches tall.  I traced the templates out on the paper side of some fusible webbing and used that to make my fabric pieces.  A hot ironing later, and some blanket stitching for the edges, and voila - this block is good to go!

Block 88 Front

Block 88 back - Sue is fabulous for reverse quilting motifs!



I am sure I will have to add in a Bill one of these days!


Comments

Popular Posts